GES recognizes that our business is about people. The people we work with, the people we serve, and the people who live and work in the facilities we design. As such, we are always on the lookout for good people who share our love of engineering and our vision for technical leadership.
We recognize the contribution that each individual makes to our success. In turn we strive to provide a stimulating work environment that fosters innovation, creativity and teamwork. We also provide in-house training and professional development programs to help you reach your full potential. This is just one of the many reasons we were selected as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
GES offers all qualified employees a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; medical, dental and vision coverage; disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and more!
Position: Accounting ManagerGlobal Engineering Solutions (GES), an award winning Engineering, Program Management and Construction Management firm is continuing to grow and looking for talented new staff to join our expanding team. GES specializes in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineering for the Health Care, Science & Technology, and Education and Commercial sector clients.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage the processing of AP, AR, as well as enhance existing cash flow analysis and projections.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts to general ledger; identify discrepancies and recommend corrective action. Prepare and post journal entries as needed.
- Prepare reconciliations, journal entries, and expense analyses. Prepare reports for executive management and project managers ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
- Coordinate, prepare, consolidate, submit, and distribute weekly and monthly financial statements as needed for executive management and project management.
- Oversee, coordinate, and reconcile time and attendance records as well as expense reports.
- Manage and manipulate accounting systems, and produce customized reports for improved overall accounting and company productivity.
- Responsible for submitting recommendations for improving the organization's accounting systems and process by utilizing the existing Deltek Vision accounting software to enhance all aspects of accounting as well as management reporting
The successful candidate will possess the following Basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-18 years of accounting experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
Deltek Vision and QuickBooks are a big plus.
- Working knowledge of Project Management and Cost Plus accounting.
- Experience working in accounting for construction, engineering, or other project based environment a plus.
- Interpersonal communications skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to lead a team, as well as work as part of a team.
Email your resume